[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Fwd: Magnet design question]

-- BEGIN included message

While not a tesla generator question, I suspect that someone on this list
has the expertise to answer my questions.

I want to build a 20,000+ gauss U shaped magnet for use on a small
cyclotron.  I am trying to determine what grade of steel I should use
that could be purchased from a commerical steel supplier.  I am going to
need about 6'x6"x6" and it will weigh about 1400 lbs.  I am looking for
articles, books, etc. on electro magnet design.

Any hints, information would be appreciated.  Thanks,  -Stan-

-- END included message