[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: coating]]

-- BEGIN included message

Gary,
        It sounds as if your secondary is very over-coupled and you
will have to raise it a bit. I found it amazing that raising the
secondary just 1/4 inch made a world of difference and stopped the
annoying secondary strikes. I did later go back and purposely
over-couple my secondary to get some pics of the strikes and the
glow of the field.

Bob Schumann

tesla-at-america-dot-com
http://www.america-dot-com/~tesla

>What is the best coating to put on a secondary coil wound on PVC pipe?
>
>I have been using polyurethane.  Now that I have some oil filled rolled poly
>capacitors my power is up and one arc from the primary to the secondary burns
>the polyurethane coating off and melts the copper wires.
>
>What is a good way to protect the secondary coil from damage?
>
>I put a larger toroid on top of one secondary coil and it cause several arcs
>up the side of the coil.  Now it has about 30 burned places in the wire.
>
>Gary Weaver

-- END included message