[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:35:01 -0600
From: Chris Crochet <ccrochet-at-premier-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr (fwd)

At 10:39 PM 3/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Now here is a problem.  Two plastic sheetings.  Both the same thickness
>(builders yard stuff).  One black one clear(ish) The clear is 3 times the
>cost of the black.  What is the difference ?
>
>Can I use the black sheeting for a cap ?  If the answer is no, I have wasted
>a morning <Aggggh>
>
>Ken Smith

Black plastic often has carbon black added as the colorant, which makes the
plastic conductive, especially at high voltages.

Sorry to break the bad news, but it probably won't work.  Of course there's
a possibility it might -- try making a small cap and then see if it breaks
down when attached to the neon xformer.

Chris C.