[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 07:29:30 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Ken,

The clear sheeting is definately preferred, since it's "pure" low
density polyethylene/polythene (LDPE). White, black, or brown pigmented
material contains a colorant. These colorant "impurities" generally
degrade the dielectric performance of the LDPE by increasing the
dissipation factor and reducing the breakdown voltage. The latter would
be especially true if the black colorant was conductive carbon-black.

For reliability, I'd recommend taking the material back for credit and
getting the clear material instead. Sorry 'bout that, but at least you
didn't build the cap out of the stuff yet! :^)

Safe cappin' to ya!

-- Bert H --