[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Even More Mini Coils (twin)

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Sunday, June 29, 1997 2:55 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE: Even More Mini Coils (twin)

Hi John, all,
                I've noted the impedance matching aspect in another
reply....

Actually I think it is. The only real difference I can see is that the
feed impedance for the free resonator is near ideal.

> The experiment implies (IMO) that a small number of turns could be
> substituted for the "driven" secondary, and then both secondaries
> could be remotely set up, each connected to opposite ends of the
> "small middle coil".  This would truly make it into a twin magnifier,
> with both resonators driven from opposite ends of one secondary, or
> middle coil.  Spark length would probably remain about the same.  I
> think someone mentioned something like this once on the list also.

Absolutely! This has been a plan of mine for a while.

> But the greatest change here would be that the coupling would change,
> becoming much tighter in typical magnifier fashion, and a faster quench
> time would be needed, of course.

All the benefits :)

> Back to your coil, I agree, your finding does simplify the constuction
> of twin coils, since winding directions no longer matter, only one
> primary is needed, less tank losses occur since long interconnecting
> wires between primariesare not needed, etc.  So efficiency should be
> better also.

Well power is now going into spark whereas it was heating the ground
before. The ground is never going to have zero impedance. For one
thing, only the damp subsurface really conducts. Trying to connect to
the core directly is out of reach for grounding systems in use. That
means that any connection must be capacitive and any resistance in
the coupling path is going to waste power.

> I would imagine that anyone testing the concept should keep the overall
> coupling of the system constant between the before and after systems.

Exactly what I did.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Malcolm