[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Chokes

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, June 22, 1997 4:26 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Chokes

You can make your own chokes from PVC pipe or ferrite toroids.  About 100
turns of wire on a ferrite donut make a great choke.  I have used 40 turns
of # 14 house wire solid copper on a ferrite donut.  I have made chokes by
winding 1" pvc with 6" of #24 wire.  The ferrite toroids are available at
many electronc supply stores for $2.50 each.  Javanco Electronics has them
for $2.50 each.  Javanco's address is  http://www.javanco-dot-com

Gary Weaver