[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla turns ratio ? (Slone)

Subject:  Re: Tesla turns ratio ?
  Date:   Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:03:14 -0600
  From:  "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Gary:

It's only a paper not a book.  Sloan discusses the losses briefly but
then
rapidly discusses the various circuit configurations and why he used one
particular type.  He was drive his circuit with a 150 kw pair of triodes
at
15 kv running continuous wave mode.  Output was around 100-110 kw with 1
megavolt.  Output was determined by rectified x-rays and measuring
energy
similar to the method we used previously with a 1 mev spark excited
coil.

GE engineers took over after the prototype was developed by Sloan and
marketed a number of these devices.  After more efficient 1 mev iron
type
transformers were developed the Sloan 180 cps resonant system sort of
went
out of vogue.

It was a great effort and Sloan does give a lot of credit to Tesla
especially in other papers he published.

Happy reading.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net