[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: sharing ideas, was - tesla for sale??

Subject:  Re: sharing ideas, was - tesla for sale??
  Date:   Sun, 15 Jun 1997 07:33:38 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:18:50 -0400 (EDT) John Freau
<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>
wrote;

> >snip>
> > This whole unfortunate episode however has given me some thought that
> > perhaps I should keep my ideas closer to the chest.
>
> > As a result everyone will now lose.
>
> > rwstephens
>   >>

> Robert,
>
> As one who enjoys hearing about your work and ideas (and I personally
> don't mind if someone offers to sell something on the list), I'm hoping that
> you won't become too jaded by one experience, but will continue to share to
> a suitable degree.  I wouldn't want to think that non-sharing was promoted
> in "coiler's heaven".   :^)
>
> "working together to advance the coiling art"

John, I was the one who jumped down Roberts throat on the
"advertisement" issue. So I feel I should add some comment here.
I never had anything against anyone advertising and Tesla coil
related material on the list. I complained to Robert for the WAY
he did it, namely he was speaking to a young person who was new on
the list who in their excitement was drilling Robert for more and
more information and Robert replied with "You ask a lot of questions
grasshopper"... at this point I will paraphrase; pay my air fair and
expenses and I'll hold your hand and talk you through.... My concern
is that that type of reply was not easily interpreted as an
advertisement but more of an INSULT! I had a rather heated argument
with Robert over this and I am still not sure that he understands why
I complained. My intention on this matter was certainly NOT to cause
anyone to stop sharing information! In fact it was just the oposite
intentions I had in mind namely to act in a responcible way so we can
all continue to share information and part of sharing information can
indeed be selling instructions, programs, parts or even kits at a
reasonable fee, just so long as it is done tactfully and in a
non-insulting way.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/