[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary wire & insulation

Subject:  Re: Secondary wire & insulation
  Date:   Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:51:09 +0500
  From:  Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:58:23 -0600 DR.RESONANCE
<DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net> wrote;

> To: Alfred
>
> A tip for lathe winders:  Start with a 1/2 or 3/4 ID pvc tube. Guesstimate
> your feed settings as best as you can and then wind away.  After careful
> adjustment you will have a feed that works good for your size wire.  The
> main point here is that by using a small tube for starting out you don't
> use very much wire to do a 5 inch lineal test winding.  You can toss
> these tests away after getting the best settings and then wind away at a
> reasonably high speed on the larger diameter 4 in or 6 in tube with the
> correct settings.  It is a lot easier to make a mistake on a 1/2 tube
> and then throw it away than it is to waste a lot of wire on a larger tube.
> After we dial in our settings for a particular type of wire we record
> this data.  Then 6 months later we can speed wind a coil such as a 6 in tube
> x 26 in length in approximately 15 minutes total winding time without any
> overlaps or gaps.

Luckily, I haven't had any problems YET just dialing in the thread
pitch and winding away, but why tempt fate! I like your suggestion
and will use it from now on. Thanks!!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/