[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary wire & insulation

--
        Re: Secondary wire & insulation
  Date:
        Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:09:08 -0700 (PDT)
  From:
        "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

"How do you space your windings on a jig like that? I mean it has no
longitudinal feed so your going to be holding the wire in your hand.
Not very precise if you ask me. Unless you set it up like a giant
bait casting fishing reel."
        I've always close wound coils, except for a couple which I
spaced by feeding crochet thread in along the wire, and a couple where
I used monofilament fishing line (not reel, hi!) for the same purpose.
All came out looking great.
Ed