[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scored A new SWER!

Subject:  Scored A new SWER!
  Date:  Sun, 8 Jun 1997 23:39:43 +1000 (EST)
  From:  Rodney Graham Davies <Rodney.Davies-at-anu.edu.au>
    To:  Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi guys!

Just posting some good news, I managed to pick up a new SWER PigPole.
It's rated at 12700VAC -at- 5KVA (continuous 24Hr usage) but I'll be able
easily draw 10KVA from it for short operation periods.

I'm now looking at building some capacitors for it, probably 2 0.1uF
Caps
50KVDC Pulse type to be put in parallel.

The next thing is, did R.Quick put some designs for rolled caps for this
sort of rating on the net?

I'll be driving my 12" coil with it, at 5KVA I'm expecting streamers of
around 5-6 feet...

Well, just gotta wait a short while for some money, then go from
there...

Will keep you all posted on developments...

Catchya!
Rod