[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K Quiz Answer

Subject:  Re: K Quiz Answer
  Date:   Wed, 4 Jun 1997 07:20:20 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   msr7-at-po.cwru.edu (Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.)
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello Coilers,
        DR.RESONANCE stated:
>MCM Electronics, Centerville, OH, carries a real fine LCR meter for
>around $150.00  We have used it for about 6 years now and it
>takes very accurate measurements.  Every year or so we run it thru
>the calibration lab at UW-Madison to keep its accurary verified.

        I bought a  BK Precision Model 878 LCR meter with 1%
accuracy at a hamfest last year.  I paid around $100 for it, brand
new with warranty, due to a ham operator in need of cash.  List
price is more than double that.  I have been very pleased with its
performance.  Naturally, it is kept far from the arcs and sparks!
Regards,
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.