[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's capacitors

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Reply To: 	alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
Sent: 	Saturday, July 26, 1997 1:37 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Tesla's capacitors

richard hull
[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net] wrote;
> >Tesla used only salt water capacitors for his big stuff!!!  For extremely

> minature medical and demo systems he had mica capacitors constructed.  Mica
> could never be used in his big systems.  His voltages were far too high.

Richard considering that mica has the highest dialectric strength
of any known material and in Tesla's time capacitor grade mica was
aplenty, I would say it wasn't because his voltages were too high
but beause his finnances were too low! Empty mineral water bottles
and salt water were just about free for the taking but mica even back
then was expensive!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/