[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inductance

From: 	William Noble[SMTP:William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 26, 1997 1:58 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	RE: inductance

if you go looking for a specific inductor you will pay $$$, but if you
recognize that transformers are heavy and therefore of low value to whomever
doesn't need them, you have an approach.  old filament transformers for
example, will have high current primaries which will give you some inductance
- you may need a few.  I'ts easy to find low voltage transformers in the 10 to
50 amp range.  Even old malibu light transformers may have adequate current
carrying capacity.   And, with a transformer of this type (filament, etc) you
use the secondary for the current limiting inductance, and then can put a lamp
load across the primary to actually regulate the current that will pass (more
load will pass more current)