[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: neon vs. potential transformer

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 19, 1997 10:44 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: neon vs. potential transformer

At 01:26 PM 7/13/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  John F.

  How long were you able to run the 15 KV 60 ma neon at 2600 watts? This is
almost 3 times it's wattage rating. I would expect it to overheat.

  You mention efficiency often. How do you calculate this parameter? I am
trying to set up a standard for the efficiency of a Tesla coil. Do you have
any comments?

  Compared to just a few years ago the average coiler today knows a lot more
about Tesla coils operation than they did in the past. I believe it is time
to set up some standards of testing them so the test conclusions arrived at
make sense.

  Have you checked out this site?

     http://www.capital-dot-net/users/ssilver/tesla.html

  John Couture