[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: plywood capacitor box

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, July 11, 1997 11:53 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: plywood capacitor box

You might try Polyester for a coating.  I have used it on wood for other
projects and it works fine.  Polyester is available at Auto Parts, Wal Mart,
K-Mart, Hardware store.  By the way I just bought a quart of polyester and
found the best price at Wal Mart.

Have you ever considered using an old car battery box for your capacitor.
If you cut off the + and - posts about 1/2" from the end with a hacksaw it
will release the connection.  The top is sonic welded to the box.  You can
pry around the edges of the top to release it.  Then the top will come off
and the plates inside can be dumped out.  It has 6 compartments.  Might make
a great capacitor box.

Gary Weaver