[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Torroid

From: 	Richard[SMTP:esmit-at-ilink.nis.za]
Sent: 	Tuesday, July 01, 1997 6:28 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	New Torroid

Hi,

Well, today I have constructed my new toroid in about 45 minutes.

I will give you my plans if anyone want to make their own torroids cheaply.

I have taken to pie pans and placed them against each other so they look
like this >--<. Then I have taken 8 toilet paper rolls(the cardboard tube
that is holding the paper together. I took them and cut a slit into them so
that they look like this letter C. The paper rolls were bent over the sides
of this > in the picture of this >--<. I took some sort of glue that is like
water and took some strips of aluminum foil about .5 inch in width and 12
inches long. This pieces of foil I glued around the toilet rolls, after that
I put some sticky paper on the sharp edges. In the middle of the two pans I
put a piece of metal from pie pans and connected them in the middle so that
it holds the lose pieces of foil in place. I tested it and I could see there
is much less corona losses on my torroid, so tomorrow I am going to varnish
my toroid to insulate it better and see what the results are.

Try it, seems to work for me.

Happy coiling.

PS! if any of this is unclear, please let me know and I'll draw a picture
for you and give each step.