[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Large Flyback

Hey guys,
          I just disassembled an old 22" zenith color TV that was a
hand-me-down from a local hospital. I've seen several plans to make a
high-voltage power supply for powering plasma globes, etc. made from
salvaged flybacks. My question is, since all of the plans I've seen call
for a fairly small flyback, like the ones from small b&w tv's, will they
still work with this fairly large one? This guy must weigh 3 lbs and it is
about 6" tall with the secondary induction winding potted in epoxy. I've
already removed the primary winding, since all of the plans i have call for
that procedure. The plans also require you to wind a new primary (usually
about 10 turns #18ga, center-tapped) Since the secondary on the flyback
obviously has more turns than the one the project was designed for, would I
have to add more turns to even it out to the turns-ratio that the project
was designed for?

L8r and happy & safe coiling!

James