[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tubes

>Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 18:56:06 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Tubes

[snip]
>I am not at all familiar with the nomenclature ECC803S, but I was
>able to look up a type 803 transmitting tube in the RCA databook.
>Although this tube is a pentode, at 2000 volt plate rating and 125
>watt plate dissipation it is a heck of a lot of tube for $15,
>assuming of course that what you have found is truly an 803.  If it
>is, I'd get one and try it.  Tie all three grids together and pretend
>it is a triode, might work.  The filament on the 803 is 10 volts at 5
>amps.  The tube has a plate cap and a giant 5 pin base (same as a
>4-125A/4D21, with a straight sided diameter of 2-9/16" and an overall
>length of 9-1/4".
>
>I see Ed Phillips just posted that Tesla is the name of a tube
>manufacturer, so this is a brand name.  As such it is unlikely a
>coincidence meant to imply that this tube is good for Tesla coil use.
>
>Hope this is of some use.
>
>rwstephens

All,
	Surf over to Tero's site. He has some GREAT links to vacuum
tube resources!

http://www.icenet.fi/~dixie/

for example NJ7P has a searchable vacuum tube data base:
http://linux.cec.army.mil/hamradio/tube/tubefind.html

There are also links to several of the tube manufactures pages and
many circuit archives. I spent 2 hours yesterday just looking a some
of them. He has one of the best tube and schematic sites that I've
seen yet.

	A job well done!

	Regards,

	jim