[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Book on Tesla Coil and HV

At 10:40 PM 1/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: randyl-at-ronan-dot-net Mon Jan 20 22:27:09 1997
>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:24:52 -0600
>From: Nathan Lamphere <randyl-at-ronan-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Book on Tesla Coil and HV
>
>Hello-
>
>  After some help from the list (thanks all- especially Stephen), I need
>to find a book about Telsa coils and HV.  (I went to the archive, but
>did not see a list of books there).  More specifically I need one that
>will take me as a beginner to Tesla coils and HV and in *beginner*
>language explain to me what is going and why it is happening.
>
>  If it has some Tesla coil designs in it, that would be great too.

I just got a fairly good book called "Gordon McComb's Gadgeteer's Goldmine:
55 space-age projects" (ISBN 0-8306-3360-X) at Border's Books and music for
around $25. It has several high-voltage projects in it geared toward the
beginner, Including how to make:
A plasma Sphere
Tesla Coil (disruptive system, using a ignition coil as the input Xformer)
Induction Coil (solid-state tesla coil)
Van de Graaff generator
Radio transmitters, laser projects, strobe lights, robots, etc....

-James