[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hello,

Hi Barry,

> Is it possible to get a repost of
> Malcolm's Q thesis??
> Barry

           It's not so much a thesis as raw data from measurements.
It was mainly done so the mathematicians in the group would have
something approaching reality to work with. I just checked my
archives and found that the DC measured coil resistances were
missing. I'll have to find the original notes and add them in. The
resistances themselves are really only of academic interest since
they don't apply at the test frequencies. They can be calculated
to a reasonable approximation from the wire gauges and length of wire
on the coils.
     Also, there were a raft of measurements but they were from
somewhat less than 30 coils. One major goal was to help with
derivation of capacitance corrections for different terminals mounted
at different heights above the coils. However, the Q measurements
also made interesting reading. The isolation was not as much as Jim
suggests but not too far removed.
     Perhaps Chip could append this note stating whether it would be
appropriate to re-send them over the list.

Malcolm