[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blew my rolled cap....

<< Now I'm going to connect up the CP cap that I ordered a while ago.  I
 think I'll baby it for a while.  (At least 5 minutes!)

 Question:  Is there anyone who has one of the custom CP caps who has used
 it without problem on 14400v or greater?  I'm paranoid about blowing it.

 Chip

Chip,

Sorry about your cap.  That is interesting.  When I blew my C.P. cap, I was
using the 14,400 volt pole pig, and I had the rotary speed up quite fast.
 Maybe around 5,000 rpm.  When you take that rolled cap apart, I would be
interested to know where and how it failed.

Ed Sonderman