[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Building A coil??

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> I need to build a coil and this is what i have:
>
> 1 6V Ignition coil
> 1 Microwave Transformer
> 6 Wine cooler saltwater capacitors
>
> What else do i need to get 1 Foot sparks (Please Be Specific)
>
> What kind of wire what size??

24 AWG, some people use 22, be sure it's double formvar enamel coated
wire.

> Could i use the microwave transformer?

No.

> What size and what should i make the primary from

I'll leave that to more experienced list members.

> Help!  i don't want to invest what little money i have in a failure

Okay, find a neon sign shop nearby and offer to take some dead neon sign
transformers off their hands.  Get a 9kV one at 30mA.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html
             A feature is a bug with seniority.