[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hamfest booty

At 01:25 PM 1/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Subject: Hamfest booty
>
>Subscriber: ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com Sun Jan 26 13:23:09 1997
>Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 09:20:53 -0600
>From: Chuck Curran <ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Hamfest booty
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> Subscriber: rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net Fri Jan 24 22:30:28 1997
>> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:37:09 -0500 (EST)
>> From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: Hamfest booty
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Well the Richmond Frostfest came and went.  This is the only fest I sell at
>> and I did pretty good this year.  I spent a lot though as it turned out to
>> be a mecca for good stuff to buy as well!

snip

>> I also grabbed a few odd HV caps,  some tungsten rod stock,  and the usual
>> test leads, etc.   There is much more, but you get the gist.  I would have
>> felt ashamed or guilty for virtually stealing all this stuff, but I was too
>> busy hauling the booty to the car.  I will take a few moments now to feel
>> ashamed for my wholesale pillage and sacking of the Richmond fest of Tesla
>> related goodies.  I will also pray for those poor coilers who haven't been
>> to their first fest yet and who are still paying list prices.
>>
>> Happy festin' yall
>>
>> Richard Hull, TCBOR
>>

>Richard:
>	Sounds like you had a fun day at the Hamfest.  I was at a local one
>(Wisconsin) two weeks ago and also got a nice freq. counter.  The one
>item that I really appreciated was the table with flyers with the dates
>and addresses of a large number of upcoming Hamfests in south-eastern
>Wisconsin and northern Ill.  I've got six pegged between now and July
>that I will try and attend.  Gives the wallet time to recover between
>each trip!
>
>Chuck Curran

Good Man Chuck!

Good luck at your pegged fests!  I prefer to call them "targets of
opportunity". They are a mission, complete with strategies and plans of attack.

I always grab a fist full of up and coming fest lit. at these bashes.  I
have 12 planned in 1997 from Raliegh, NC to Westminister, Maryland.  Now you
are in the "hamfest groove"!!  You will soon not want for much, as you pick
up this and that odd piece.  The hunt is what its all about....  "the game
is afoot"!

Richard Hull, TCBOR