[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube coil book

I recieved the book I ordered on tube coils written by corum. It has a lot of
schematics with components drawn and no values on them. To build a coil you
could just start trying values of components and burning them up until you
hit the correct combo. There is a lot of math but it is not a guide to
building a coil by any means. Nothing about turns, voltages etc. If I thought
it would help I would just start cursing until morning, and 55.00 for it too.
Is it too much to ask for a plain schematic, WITH the values of the
components, # of turns and some measurements, then at the end maybe if it
cant be gotten around, that there is some unwritten law that it must include
the equations for the meaning of the universe, they could be stuck in the
back somewhere, and the voltage of the power supply could be printed by the
symbol for the power supply. I am going to build a tube coil,OH YES, I am
going to build a tube coil. Then with my PC Draw I will make a schematic,
probably several and include it in a little BOOK on how to build a tube coil
without having to summon albert E. back to help.   Stephen .