[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Microwave Xformer

>I have a nice clean high voltage Xformer from a microwave. Variac
>testing at low voltage indicates 2520 V. at line voltage. The microwave
>was rated at 600W.(I assume that is input to the Magnetron), so you
>should be able to draw 240ma. with no strain.
>
>I'll be happy to trade it for a nice clean(no tar babys please) neon of
>any rating  or any other TC stuff of equal value.

All this talk of microwave transformers and tube coils, etc.. has raised a
few questions for me. I have some schematics of tube coils, etc, provided by
a few kind people on this list (thank you again). But I am wondering what
the best tubes to use are... Also, are microwave oven transformers the best
fitted transformer to operate a tube coil? They are fairly easy to get ahold of.

Thanks,
Brad