[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2nd coil

Hi everyone!
My first TC turned out to be a design loser,
the max. spark was 6",but i learned alot.
One thing i learned was about this list and
the knowledge of the people on it!
For my next coil i want to use a 7.5" thin wall
pvc form i have, along with a 15k 60ma neon.
Before i begin,does anyone have suggestions
as to wire size on the secondary and the primary
type?I want to be able to increase the voltage later
and use the same secondary.
I know without a pole-pig i wont have a fire breathing coil
but i want to maximize what i've got.

Thanks, Rick

My tc ckt,as i have it now:

                                                                       torrid

                                                             [[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]
                           choke                                           \
                 ------------(((((--------------------------o  o-----l
       \
  -------------- l                          l                gap     \
       \
 neon         : safty gap        cap                         \        \
  -------------- l                          l                          \
       \
                 -----------((((((--------------------------------------l
      \
                           choke                                            \

 neon=4kvac
choke=air wound 50 turns #6 wire
             on 3/4" pvc
main gap=air blast single gap
primary=13 turns 1/4" copper tubing
              6" to 18" saucer shape
secondary=4" PVC 18"high with 1100
                   turns 26 ga magnet wire(approx.)
capacitor=.01mf cap from Plastic Cap.
torrid=4" galvanized elbows/12" diameter