[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Inner Tube Toroids.

Why not inflate an inner tube to the desired size and fiber glass it?
I know you can get fiber glass repair kits from any local autoparts
store. I am not sure what effects the resin will have on the rubber
tube, but it all else fails, cling rap it! To fiber glass the tube,
one would only have to mix the resin, coat the tube evenly with it
and apply the fiber mess. And if you are worried about tempature
shinking the tube and shattering the fiber glass, just use a Dremel
Tool to cut around the OD and remove it. Fiber glass the two halves
together and sand it smooth. One could make a very lite and rather
tough toroid. After all, they make car bodies out of fiber glass, why
not a toroid?

              On a diffrnet note, I am stationed in Germany and am
having a hellava time trying to locate parts. I'm sure not being able
to read the phonebook contributes to this problem! I have been able
to locate PVC and copper tubing but nothing else (except a used neon
for $150 (gas is over $4 a gallon here)). If anyone has anything they
would be willing to part with for a reasonable sum, I would be
greatfull!...

Just my input,
Bryan