[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION and why we may be out of this hobby!

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net Sun Jan  5 20:41:14 1997
> Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 22:21:18 -0600
> From: Kevin <knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: SERIOUS QUESTION and why we may be out of this hobby!
>
> Well, I contacted a friend at a TV station and he advised me that the FCC
> says (NEW LAW) that tesla coils,plasma balls, and similar devices fall under
> this new law and if you are caught operating them could face serious fines.
> Information unlimited also says that plasma balls will no longer be sold due
> to this law, what is going on here????????????????????????????????????
>
> I asked him about shielding my coil so the neighbors would not complain
> about phones being knocked out, the TV and computers going crazzzzy and
> stereo speakers buzzing. All these are things my neighbors are complaining
> about to ME at this time, he says there was a nightclub in CA that was shut
> down and fined due to a tesla coil and plasma balls operating there. Can
> this be true? The way he is talking they can see my coil operating on a
> spectrum analizer at their office and can tell where it is comming from,
> this is crazy! Or is he crazy???

A spectrum analizer can find your tesla coil.  My cousin works for the
department of defence and is stationed in Germany.  His jop involves keeping
several spectrum analizers and receiver stations in full operation.  The
systems are used to spy on foreign countries.  He told me that the spectrum
analizers looks at all frequencies and a computer records the information
over a period of several weeks.  Then if one day a new frequency appears on
the spectrum analizer all receivers are tuned in on that frequency.
Directional vector antenna are used from each receiver to pin point the exact
location on the transmition.  The government is interested in listening to
any frequency that wasn't there before.  The way foreign powers try to keep
things secret is to change the frequency of the transmitter each time they
use it.  My cousin does not approve of my tesla coil.  He says they are very
bad but refused to say much more.  He is the CIA type that thinks everything
is either BLACK or WHITE and there should be nothing in between. My cousin
did not say anything about receiver stations of this type in this country but
it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some.  I would think that unless
someone complains or your Tesla Coil interfers with something like the
airport or police etc. you don't have anything to worry about.  It would
probably be wise to keep the existance of a tesla coil a secret so neighbors
done know where the TV interferance is comming from.