[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net Sat Jan  4 21:53:09 1997
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 21:03:48 -0800
> From: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
> Richard Wayne Wall wrote:
>
> > 12/20/96
> >
> > GL wrote:
> > >
> > >Isn't Ohm's law at work here as well?  I am convinced that if you
> > >replace the 100 ft wire with a (non-conductive) 100 ft string, that
> > >the apparatus will not work.
> >
> > Ohm's law applies only to electrodynamics, but never to electrostatics.
> > There is no movement of charge in electrostatics, therefore there is no
> > current and E=IR isn't applicable.  Only the electrostatic field may
> > vary about an ES charge.  This ES field produces the Coulombic force
> > which is capable of tremendous work.
> >
> > If an electrostatic charge moves or changes position then immediately
> > EM current is created and Ohm's law applies.  This applies to the 100'
> > wire above if charge is redistributed in the wire.  If a charged
> > capacitor (ES) is discharge by a conductor then electrodynamics (ED)
> > occur, EM is produced and Ohm's law applies only as long as charge
> > changes position.
> >
> > RWW
>
> So, do you agree that the conductive wire is transferring charge from
> one sphere to the other in this experiment?
>
> -GL

This is undulating charge by redistribution over equipotential surfaces
and doesn't require current to flow.  Charges are just uniformly
redistributing themselves over a single conductive surface.  All electric
lines are radial and normal to all surfaces.  I gave the formal
physics reference for this effect in a recent post.

   Aside from the above known effect in physics, I personally still do
not believe these charges are hard bodied physical electrons lose and in
motion in the metal or in the dielectric at all.  This supposition is due
to the computed quantities of electron charges involved and further based
on the coulombic charges recorded and zero current flow during charge
distribution.

Richard Hull, TCBOR