[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> By using different sizes of tubes and different pressures, almost any
> size of terminal would be possible.  Anything from a go-cart inner-tube
> to one off of a farm tractor.  (That's one I would like to see run!)

	I used this idea last year in constructing the small toroid that I
have.  I used a 15"(?, not sure) wheelbarrow tire and stuffed it with
newspaper for rigidity.  I then covered it in Al tape, then smoothed.  It
works fairly well, but I have since moved on to a Duct toroid, as this one
wasn't large enough for my six inch coil.  I plan to wind a 4" sometime
soon, and then the wheelbarrow tire will again see service.

Stan Harle
Alamogordo, NM