[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Book on Tesla Coil and HV

Sorry to hear you bought Gordon McCombs 55 space age projects.  I have the
same book.  I have not found any project in the book that works.  Unless you
have a reprint with curcuit changes the circuit drawings are wrong.  Plasma
Sphere project 3 circuit will not work.  A simular circuit is listed on the
internet that does work.  Project 4 which is the same circuit as project 6
the Tesla coil does not work. The circuit is wrong.  If you make some changes
the circuit will work but it will not power the tesla coil. The tesla coil
secondary produces no output at all.  If you change project 6 circuit so it
will work it makes a better plasma sphere than project 3.  My book is copy
write 1990.  This book will cause you to get very frustrated and mad.  I
would suggest returning the book for a refund.

Gary Weaver