[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(Almost) Complete Coil for Sale

Chip, please post this at your discretion:

I have been working on assembling a medium-power Tesla coil for the physics
department of a small local college.  However, their interest in the project
has evaporated and I have an excess of components that I would like to sell.
 Here's what is available:

	1 - Condenser Products TC253-34-300 Tesla Pulse Capacitor
		This is NOT one of the defective caps from the group buy.  My
		original unit exploded.  This is the brand new (never fired)
		and heavily tested replacement unit from CP.  The rating is
		.025 uf at 20,000 VAC-RMS.  The voltage rating is the supply
		voltage rating.  All allowances for Tesla tank operation have
		been factored into this rating by CP.

	1 - Tesla secondary
		This assembly consists of a 6" diameter, 1/8" wall acrylic
tube,
		27" in diameter close-wound with a 24" long winding of 23 ga
		black-enameled magnet wire.  The base is terminated in a 2"x1"
		copper plate ala Richard Quicks FAQ.  The top end has about
		3' of wire for the toroid termination.  The top and bottom of
		the coil form is sealed with 6", 1/8" wall acrylic disks
epoxied
		in place.  The bottom end cap is drilled in the center with a
		TINY hole for pressure equalization.  The whole thing is
		finished with two coats of Behr Build 50 epoxy coating.  This
		secondary has never been run.

	1 - 115 VAC, 4KVA, 30 Amp Superior Electric variac
		This is wired with a heavy duty cord set on the input side
		and a multiple-outlet box on another cord at the output.
		It is wired to boost the voltage slightly when turned all the
		way up. Used, but cleaned and works well.

	1 - France neon transformer, brand new
		Rated at 15KV at 60 ma.  Non-power factor corrected.  Never run
		in Tesla service.  New in box.

	1 - Neon transformer, 15KV at 30 ma
		No plate (a warranty return unit), but voltage output was
		measured.  Current rating is estimated, based on case size.
		Both legs good.  Appears to be new.

	2 - Cornell-Dubilier 20 Amp, 250 volt heavy-duty line filters

	5 - Arnold Engineering "Hosfelt" toroid cores for line chokes.  These
		are powdered ferrite, 2.5" OD, 1.22" ID.  Permeability is 60.
		Inductance is 2032 uH per 100 turns.

	8 - .003 mfd, 30KVDC Spraque doorknob caps
		Four for each transformer ouput terminal for RF bypassing.

	1 - Toroid
		Pretty wimpy at 18" diameter, 2" cross-section.  Made of foam
		core and aluminum tape wrap.  OK for testing, but something
		bigger is required for real sparks.

	1 - Partially built "Richard Quick" cylidrical spark gap
		Built per the FAQ, modified for single-unit, 15KV operation.
		This means longer, smaller diameter hard-copper electrodes
		mounted in clear acrylic tube. 4 electrodes are gapped and
		epoxied and screwed in place.  I have the remaining electrodes,
		mounting screws, end plates, and cooling fan.

	1 - Spare 6" diameter acrylic secondary form with pre-cut end caps
		Overall length is 27".

I also have the needed 4AWG welding cable for tank connections, with low-loss
quick-disconnect connector, and many heavy brass plates and cable connectors
for grounding connection plates, etc.

I would prefer to sell all of this as a package, rather than break up the
components.  I also to prefer to sell in the Chicago area so the buyer can
examine the equipment to see if it meets his needs (and to avoid the shipping
hassle).  Of course, I'll consider breaking either or both of these
preferences, depending upon interest.

About all that is needed for a "Richard Quick FAQ" working coil system is a
primary coil and the wiring and safety gap work.

I'm pricing the package at an even $650.00, plus shipping.  Inquiries should be
made via email to:

	Don Froula
	dfroula-at-interaccess-dot-com