[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Top Toroid

At 09:25 PM 2/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Mon Feb  3 21:21:03 1997
>Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 07:37:49 GMT
>From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Top Toroid
>

>Richard,
>	In my case, I arrived-at this construction. ( I'm a degreed
>EE; I will NOT call it a design!) I started with the secondary form!
>and worked sideways from there. Worse, I don't even have a feel for
>the required ROC for a top load for a 8" by 20" secondary.  I am
>learning however (slowly;)
>>
>>In Jim's case, he has a transformer and that is his limiting factor.  He can
>>never get what he desires from his system beyond what the little neon
>>transformer can supply.  So I would imagine a 12" X 5" toroid might be
>>sufficient maybe a little larger.
>>
>I am learning. I need better caps, a good ballast for my pig, several
>sets of primary and secondary's and a better rotary. Plus, lots more
>experience! Before I reach your levels, I will have to move.  This
>neighborhood is to dense for proper coiling. (ignoring the AirPort
>flight path I'm under)
>
>	Regards,
>
>	jim
>
>Jim,

More coilers are getting better results quicker now due to the rapid spread
of info from such sources as chips list, our tapes, and the other cross
pollenation methods of the modern information age.

We had to bumble through all the rotten texts both new and old back in the
1980's and discover much on our own.  I was amazed at just how wrong the
"old and new texts" were on what worked"period", much less what worked well.

Folks will reach "our level" with much less heartburn, hassles and monetary
expense, much faster due to the information age.  Distrubuted videos plus
photo disemination over the internet quickly show the proof of the pudding
and "who" has "what" really working.  In the pre-1990 books, no one had
photo proof of a coil they built ever working.  If they did, (exceedingly
rare), it was usually underwhelming.

Richard Hull, TCBOR