[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grounding ?'s

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: rpittman-at-juno-dot-com Mon Feb  3 21:33:18 1997
> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:29:06 PST
> From: rpittman-at-juno-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Grounding ?'s
>
> Hi all,
>         I am just about done with my first attempt at a coil and I had a
> couple questions.
>         I am wanting to have it done for the science fair that I am
> having for my students this thursday.  My first problem is that the fair
> is in the gym.  I do not think I have the time ro run a good RF ground to
> a stake outside.  Thus my question, I know it has ben said over and over
> not to use the ground on the outlet but is there any other way to run
> one in a gym.  My transformer is really small -6kv -at- 30ma- and the
> circuit in the school gym is pretty substantial any ideas?
>
> Ronnie Pittman

Ronnie,
	The first thing to do is to see if any of your students is related to a
sheet metal shop, and see if the owner will contribute/loan as big a
piece of thin sheetmetal as you can physically carry in your
car/van/pickup. Place the sheet metal on the gym floor and use it as the
RF ground with the coil over the center. If you cant find a relative in
the business, try establishing a friendship with a local sheet metal
shop or air conditioning contractor. For exchange of occasional computer
consulting/repair/upgrades I get free pickings of sheet metal scraps and
junk A/C units that yield good motors, relays and running capacitors.
Good hunting!

Storey Clamp
San Antonio, Texas