[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tubing, how bizarre they are!

snip
>> "I assume you're using resistors to feed the
>> screen and suppressor grids."

>No, I tied them together, and used them as in a Triode configuration. Is
> this potentially disasterous? What would the ideal voltage be, if I used
> a dropping resister from the plate supply?

>Thanks,

 >David Trimmell

David,

The triode config. is fine but may limit the spark length.   In a test I did,
I installed an 803 into the same schematic design TC that I sent you, and
obtained a 5 to 6" spark, by connecting a 15k resistor from the plate supply
to the screen grid, and then connecting a 45k resistor from the screen grid
to the suppressor grid.  It was just a quick test and I didn't measure any
voltages or try different resistor values, maybe someone on the list has done
more in this area?

Happy and spark-blasting tube coiling,

John Freau