[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Esthetically Pleasing BIG primaries

>Subscriber: teslacoil-at-mindspring-dot-com Thu Feb 13 22:05:55 1997
>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:48:04 -0500
>From: "Kevin M. Conkey" <teslacoil-at-mindspring-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Esthetically Pleasing BIG primaries
>
> I am about to wind a primary using 1" copper tubing.
>Any input on winding primaries with this monster size would be helpful
>to me!
>
>  [Part 2, Text/HTML  8 lines]
>  [Unable to print this part]

Kevin,
        The first thing that comes to mind after reading this post is
that your primary is going to be flat or Archemedes type one. Make
sure to get the soft stuff, I think it is 'L' type. Your 'channels'
for your forms will all be different as the notches continually move
outward due to the spiral. Make sure to keep enough room somehow so
that tuning can be done easily. (If you plan to tune with the priamry).
In my minds eye the only way I saw a tuning wire work on the flat spiral
primary was to come up from underneath.

Happy coilin
Bob Schumann