[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wife

>This begs the questions does "smart" mean intelligent, wise, practical or
>discerning.  The difference might lie more in the manner in which women are
>"brought up" and the way the world views them as they mature.  Also they are
>a completely different animal due to internal chemistry.

Mmmm... Well, as my wife is quite intelegent, ( and as I priviously
mentoined and Engineer ), she does seem to think differently.  Also, she is
VERY critical if someone doesn't atteck a problem in exacly the same way
she does.

> Men tend to be a bit more curious about more ecclectic things which will
>have no immediate benefit and might actually put them at financial or
>physical risk.  Men are more mechanical.  Women are probably actually more
>intellectual in the theoretical and conceptual end of things.  Women are a

This is also true from the observations of my wife.  But, she also very
good with hands on type stuff.  She is a top notch programmer, and better
at complicated Mathimatics than I am.

But I seem to grasp physics thories quicker than she does.

>bit "smarter" in that they tend to look at the "moment to moment"
>practicality of their acts and works.   Men seem to be amused and incredibly
>fascinated by the most outlandish and abstract of things.  This is why

Mmmm... Interesting observation.

>marriages either work very well (symbiotic relationship with dual party
>adaptability) or fail miserably (diametrically different thought patterns
>with inflexible personalities).
>
>I don't desire or miss women in this area of science.  But, in general, if

This I have to dissagree with.  I only know 2 Women engineers.  One ( not
my wife, the other one ) has a PE.  Both are extremly intelligent.  Both
could contribute a lot to any field of science.

>they are involved and are super dedicated as are many of we men,  They
>certainly appear to others to be an "odd fish" in a societal sort of way.
>This is not good but just the way it is.

Yes, my wife knows this all too well.  It is a real strugle for her at
times, because of the attitude of some idiot men.

Personally, I think the world needs more women in engineering and science,
especilly ones like Electrical Enginnering and physics that are mostly
dominated be men.

One nice thing about being married to an engineer, is that she really takes
interest and fascination in my hobbies.  Being as geeky as some are, I'm
glad.

-Derrik

 Derrik Walker II                  dewalker-at-cis.csuohio.edu
 Computer Science         http://cis.csuohio.edu/~dewalker/
            "Wait... 	Worry...	Who Cares?"