[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TUBE COIL BOOK

At 11:15 PM 1/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
><< Subject: TUBE COIL BOOK
>
>Subscriber: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com Fri Jan 31 23:10:14 1997
>Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:09:42 -0500 (EST)
>From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: TUBE COIL BOOK

><< Subject: TUBE COIL BOOK
>snip

>For those who are in a hurry to build a basic tube coil project, I hope the
>following will be helpful:
>
>1.  A good, short, basic tube coil article appeared in TCBA News, Vol. 3, #
>3, 1984.  It is a reprint of an article from the August, 1954 issue of Radio
>and Television News.  Coils which produce up to 15" sparks are covered.  I
>like this article because although it gives specific component values for a
>coil project, it also explains that tube coil constuction is really not that
>critical--there's a certain range of parts values and configurations that
>will work fine.  A friend of mine once wanted to build a tube coil, but
>rather than copy one of mine, he wanted it to be "his" design.  He made up
>the pri, sec, grid coil, layout, etc. in such a way that it "looked" right.
> In other words, the proportions looked reasonable; dia. of sec., number of
>turns, etc.  Once the coil was tuned up and adjusted properly, it worked
>great.  In fact he built a number of coils in this manner, and as he gained
>experience, the results got even better.  In fact, by not being tied to a
>particular design, he creatively tried some unusual configurations which also
>worked fine.   It is true however that for the absolute best performance,
>some parameter "matching" is required.
>
>There are other good tube coil articles, such as John Wiesner's article which
>was recently mentioned by Ed Wingate, in other issues of TCBA news also.
> Back issues of the newsletter are available from:
>
>      Harry Goldman  (TCBA)
>      3  Amy  Lane
>      Queensbury,  NY   12804
>
>Price is probably about $7 per issue.
>
>2.  If anyone needs a schematic for a tube coil that will give about a 6" to
>10" spark, E-mail your mailing address to me and I'll mail you a schematic
>with parts values.
>
>3.  Check out the periodicals index at large public libraries, you may find
>some tube coil construction articles that were published in old magazines and
>transfered to microfilm.
>
>4.  Maybe other List Subscribers can suggest specific articles and info
>sources also.
>
>Powerful, and raspy tube coiling!'
>
>John Freau

John,

Put on your mailin' shoes!!!!!  Get the extra toner out for your copier!!!
Get a few sheets of "32 centers" from the ole P.O.!!

I offered a xerox copy of maggey 11-E in action a while back and was
cleanin' that up for a month!

Good luck John and thanks for the kind offer.

I hope those who accept this offer will send John a self-addressed stamped
envelope to help keep him solvent!

Richard Hull, TCBOR