[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils

  Date:
        Wed, 19 Mar 1997 16:27:57 +0000
  From:
        "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 05:58 AM 3/18/97 +0000, you wrote:
>        Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils
>  Date:
>        Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:10:02 -0800 (PST)
>  From:
>        "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
>    To:
>        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Re: Secondary "VSWR"
>        I'm used to the term VSWR as used to show the mismatch on
>a transmission line of defined impedance.  Can't figure out how to
>make any sense of of measuring the "VSWR" of an isolated device.
>What are you all talking about???????????
>Ed

  Ed -

  The VSWR is one way to measure the tuning of a Tesla coil when sparks
are
not present. If Tesla coils are used in space where there are no sparks
the
VSWR will indicate maximum output. A VSWR graph for Tesla coils is shown
in
my Tesla Coil Notebook. Refer also to my post to John Freau regarding
his
comments on Corum's VSWR findings.

 John Couture