[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Design Alternatives (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:15:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Spark Gap Design Alternatives (fwd)

<< <<
  There would be 6 copper or brass disks, each about 1 inch diameter and 1
  inch long, all in a line, thus forming 5 gaps (visualize as a sliced
  salami). >>
 I was going to attempt this type of gap with ceramic washers between washers
 of some type of metal and put the entire assembly in a glass tube, or have a
 neon man put it in a tube and pump it down and put in a nitrogen fill. The
 threaded rod is my problem, one that will take the heat,is threaded, and an
 insulator.Ceramic would work if someone were skilled enough to make it. A
 series gap like that would not corrode or ever need cleaning as long as it
 remained sealed.     Stephen Sanders

It seems that a gap sealed in a glass tube would eventually deposit small
bits of metal (from the electrode material) all over the inside of the glass
and the insulators and render the gap useless.  Does someone know of a sealed
gap that doesn't have this problem?

Ed Sonderman