[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I need a bigger variac. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 97 22:47:06 -0500
From: Adam <absmith-at-tiac-dot-net>
To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: I need a bigger variac.

I have a 1kVA variac (powerstat 116 120VAC/7.5A is the exact nameplate
rating) and it vibrates when I crank it all the way up powering my two
9kV 60mA transformers.  Is there any place I can get a 2-3kVA variac for
$100 or less?  Soon?

I know that these can be purchased at hamfests, but there aren't any in
Boston in winter as far as I know, and I need the variac like, yesterday.
 This is the only thing that keeps me from firing up to full power today.
 Surplus catalogs that I've got have these for about $300+, but I know
that when I was last at the Rochester Hamfest these were selling for
around $20-$30.  Huge difference.

Thanks,

-Adam

Adam Smith