[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 130kW Coil Update (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:48:15 +0000
From: Greg Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 130kW Coil Update (fwd)

"Basura, Brian D"  wrote:

> Where is Hunter's Point?  Is it in the Bay Area?  If so, what is the
> process for getting onto the base?  I'll be up there from the 27th thru
> the 31st and would like to see your coil operating.

To get to the Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard, Bldg 302:

Take Evans St. towards the bay from 3rd St.  After passing the power
plant, the street will curve around and eventually dead end into the
front guard gate for the base.  Depending on how the guard is feeling,
you can either drive through, or you may have to fill out a form.
Rental cars are more likely to be waved through.  In any case, all
vehicles coming on to the base need to have current reg and insurance.
No drugs or alcohol (MP's, federal police, SFPD and wandering streamers
present on base).

Once inside, follow the Golden Gate Railway Museum signs until you
see the coil, in front of Bldg 302.

-GL