[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: theory(?) for long sparks

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 04, 1997 5:23 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: theory(?) for long sparks

to Antonio:

Tried a 6 ft long plastic tube once with a small coil.  The streamers
actually melted pathways into the plastic due to their higher capacitive
energy.  It does work well with glass tubes though.  We have only tube 10
feet long we can hook up to coils and then pump a very slight below
atmospheric vacuum (around 6000 microns works nice) and the streamers are
very long and quite spectacular.  We use a 6 inch dia tube and have used
some up to 10 inch dia for the experiments.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net