[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 07, 1997 1:05 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

Hi Greg,

I will do my best to check this. I am taking some days off work to do
some experimentation as from tomorrow. The test was that of a free
resonator with no link coupling.

    BTW, in *NO WAY* do I claim this is the only model that works or
indeed that it is necessarily the best. However, the fact that it
exhibits distributed circuit behaviour while still allowing lumped
frequency calcs means something must be getting close.

> > Future experiments:
> > - use a more finely graded line to observe gradual phase shifts
> > - use capacitive E transfer to measure Vo pk
> > - measure Q and VSWR
>
> Do you plan to experiment with different tapers as well?

Yes. Over the next few days. I will post results. I will do all
possible measurements on this model first before altering the
inductors.

> >     It is clear to me that conservation of energy must be observed in
> > doing output voltage calculations in the resonator. IMHO, *estimates*
> > of some MegaVolts output for very modest primary energy melts away
> > entirely. IMHO, it follows from these results that Vo for a capacitive
> > discharge situation should follow the rule Vo = Vi.sqrt(Cp/Cs). Many
> > experiments in measuring single shot sparks have suggested this for a
> > long time now.
>
> Indeed!  I was curious if you have measured the voltage at all the nodes
> along your new tapered line, to see how the _energy_ is distributed
> amongst all the capacitors.

No :( I will do so.

Thank you. A plea to all - let's try and understand this thing for
once and all. That is my sole motivation.

Many Regards,
Malcolm