[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE- Re: Rotary Gap

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Tuesday, August 05, 1997 2:20 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re:  RE- Re: Rotary Gap

"        Upon removal from the oven I immediately soak the pine
        board in insulating material (I prefer paraffin dissolved
        in naphtha, but low viscosity epoxy or polyurethane should
        do).

        After a good soak, I remove it and let it dry.
"
	It has been my experience that under these conditions pine
tends to change dimensions somewhat, even if it seems to be perfectly
dry to start with.  Therefor I soak it in (very hot, to get out the
air trapped in the wood) paraffin and THEN cut or turn to exact
size.
	This seems to work fine.
Ed