[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, August 05, 1997 4:19 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

<<
> From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
> Sent: 	Monday, August 04, 1997 7:22 PM
> To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: 	An Important Post.

Malcolm,

Very nice work.  Yes, this suggests that a magnifier is quite similar
in operation to a regular 2 coil system, except for the close coupled
driver, and magnetically separated resonator.

I was under the impression that the Corums consider BOTH the
two coil system and the magnifier to be distributed, NOT lumped.
They did say something about the operation being lumped while
the gap is firing, and distributed after the gap quenches.  As we
know, most of the energy is transfered to the secondary while the
system is coupled. The Corums suggested that Lou Balint's
Twin Peaks Dual Resonator magnifier (two different L resonators,
capped with one toroid) should obey distributed WSWR rules.
But the system did not seem to follow these rules, but followed
lumped constant rules instead.

Duane Bylund's work suggested that adding a large top terminal C
may make the resonator more lumped-like, and less distributed in
nature.  Have you tried modeling the line with a large top-C added
to see if anything changes?

Nice data for understanding coupling, and how the resonator
"tolerates" the shorted turn toroid.

Just a few thoughts,

John Freau