[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HF sparks

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 31, 1997 8:38 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: HF sparks

At 08:30 AM 7/31/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Peter,

If anything the TCBOR and I have championed small capacitors in systems!!!
We were using .012 caps in 8 KW maggey systems getting 8 foot white hot
arcs years ago.  Bert and others are just dicovering the value of this tack
on their own.

Point #3 above was meant to say that high frequency systems (1mhz and above)
can't use big capacitors  period!!!!  Think about the primary needed to
resonate a .12ufd capacitor at 1.5 mhz and you will see what I mean.

Richard Hull, TCBOR