[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Actown transformer

Subject:       Re: Actown transformer
       Date:   Wed, 23 Apr 1997 23:13:47 -0700
       From:   Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
         To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Dr. Resonance and all,

Actown Electrocoil, Inc is in Spring Grove, IL. Their telephone number
is 815-675-6641 or 1-800-531-6366. I did a little bit more checking -
the Actown transformers were actually 6500 Volts at 20 MA each, and they
are vacuum impregnated with hard polyester.

Good luck! Looks like they make some very high quality transformers.
Please let me know how they work out! :^)

-- Bert --

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: Plastic Cap Capacitors
>   Date:   Wed, 23 Apr 1997 06:02:16 -0700
>   From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>     To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> Hi Bert:
>
> Do you happen to have an address on the Actown transformer company you
> mentioned.  We use small Jefferson units to power our Van de Graaff
> spray
> supplies and would like to compare prices with these units.  The
> Jefferson
> units we use are not hard epoxy encapsulated and we usually ground the
> end
> closest to the core and run with the high end hot to spray thru the belt
> towards the grounded pulley.
>
> Thank you for the data.
>
> DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

<SNIP>