[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:- Parts search

Subject:  RE:- Parts search
  Date:   Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:22:10 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:03:15 GMT Robert Michaels
<robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org> wrote;

> T>I recently went on a search for all the necesary parts. I had to go
> T>out way in the country to a neon sign shop operating out of garage.
> T>For 1o dollars I got a perfectly good neon transformer that was
> T>capable of throwing up to 12 foot arcs if used the right way.
> T>I haven't tryed it yet though.
>
>         Yeh, yeh, that's pretty standard performance.  Using a
>         ball park figure of about 1-million volts per 6-ft. of
>         arc length, your 12-foot arcs would equate to about
>         2-million volts.
>
>         That's about what we usually get from your basic $10
>         neon transformer.  Just plug 'er in and let those 12-ft.
>         arcs rip - assuming you...eh..."use it the right way",
>         of course.
>
>                                      Midnight toking in - Detroit, USA
>
>                                      Robert Michaels
>
>         P.S.:  Whatever it is you've been smoking - any chance you
>                can get me a kilo of it?

Robert I think you missed his point - he was being humorous, what he
meant was if this neon transformer was used properly as in a well
designed Tesla coil it would possibly yield 12 foot sparks. I must
admit though I have never seen nor heard of anyone getting more than
a 6 foot discharge from a single neon transformer {15KV/6O ma.}!
I would love to see the design that would yield a 12 foot discharge
from a single neon transformer!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/